UAB NORC Minority Symposium
New NORC Initiative
Please join us virtually for the NORC Minority Symposium.
This series is designed to identify the barriers and challenges to success of scientists from groups Underrepresented in Academia (URiA) and to identify actionable strategies to overcome these challenges.
Each event is from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. (CST).
NORC Minority Symposium Rundown
Advancing the (NIH) Funding Success of Scientists from URiA Groups
- Moderator: Fatima Cody Stanford, M.D., MPH, MPA, FAAP, FACP, FAHA, FTOS
- Speaker: Barriers to obtaining NIH funding for URiAs - Jean Lud Cadet, M.D.
- Speaker: Policy-based solutions to improve funding outcomes for URiAs - E. Dale Abel, M.D., Ph.D.
Breakout Groups: Identify Solutions (Invited Guests)
- Group 1: Junior URiA Investigators
- Group 2: Scientific Society Representatives
- Group 3: NIH, NORC, and Academia Representatives
Improving the Promotion and Tenure Success of Scientists from URiA Groups
Increasing the representation of individuals from URiA groups in leadership
Enhancing the overall experience of scientists from URiA groups
|Click to See Lineup||Click to See Lineup||Click to See Lineup|